Best activities to do in Marmaris, Turkey.

 My love affair with Turkey began 10 years ago,
I say it's my second home as 
every time I go I never want to come back. 
I thought I'd share some of my favourite activities that I do when there.

Go Karting:

In Marmaris, there are two racing tracks one overlooking Marmaris, the other is about a 15/20 minute bus ride depending on where you get picked up.
 I done this for the first time last year and it was amazing. 
You had all the safety gear on, if you spun out/created a whole new course, crashing like I did they get you back on track.
No surprise I came in last.

The track we went to last year was closed due to licensing problems, so we went to other one. Here, the course was completely different and you didn't have any safety gear, once the adrenaline kicks in you don't really care aha. We went about 4 times this year, twice a week Ryan and his dad were always in competition with each other. 

Definitely a great way to spend an hour or two.
Cost: £10 each. 

Quad Biking/ Buggy Safari:

I tried a quad years ago in Egypt what I can remember of it, I was put in the slow group, no surprise there aha. So last year I tried it in Turkey, we all had a practice run going through mud trenches, water showers. I hated doing it on my own so I went onto the back of Ryan's holding on for dear life, sun beaming down, breeze in the wind it was amazing. You get taken onto the back country lanes for an hours drive, half way through you have a rest stop for some water. When you're back at the range, they take you around the practice track for a few more rounds.
Throughout the whole experience they take photo's of you which you can purchase at the end.


This year we went to the same track but we went in a buggy instead.


I personally preferred the buggy, every bump you went over or hill you went down it had more of an impact than the quad bike, also with the buggy being lower you got more dirtier which all part of the fun. 
Cost: £20- £30

Fishing:
The first time I went fishing I never caught a thing, sat on a boat in the middle of the sea, a rod between my legs (dirty minded people) for 4 hours and caught nothing. I was just feeding the fish each time I reeled the rod back in the bait was gone but no hooked fishies.
Alas, this year we went fishing twice and I caught 7 fish in total, I was absolutely buzzing I called my first two Salt and Pepper. If you catch anything it's up to you what you do, throw them back in or put them in bucket which the captain then sells any decent sized ones on to a restaurant. 

 
Between the 4 of us we had two bets going, one for the biggest fish and the most fish, again no surprise I didn't win either. 
Cost: £15-£20

Turkish Bath/Spa:
Every year I go to Turkey I always get a Turkish Bath. You lie down on a slab and a spa attendant? (I don't know what you call them) scrubs your entire body back and front with and exfoliating glove/pad removing all of your dead skin. I always wear a bather as I'm uncomfortable with my stomach out. Once you've been scrubbed, they lather you with some kind of foam which they massage into your skin leaving it feeling amazing. 
 If you decide to get one it has to be within the first few days you're there as if you leave it until the end you'll be going home without a tan as the bath scrubs it off. 


After your Turkish Bath they ask if you want any additional treatments, we both had a massage and I had a foot spa. 
Left the spa feeling like a brand new woman. 
Cost:
 Turkish Bath £15 
Foot spa £15 
Massage £15.
Additional treatment costs will vary depending on which spa you go to,
we went to the Pasabey Hotel Spa.  

Dalyan Mud Baths/ Turtle Bay:

You start the trip off by going along the Daylan river in boats, passing through the scenic mountains and long reeds often spotting a turtle to two, sometimes they stop the boat and let you feed the turtles. Another stop along the river is the view of the Lycian tombs of kings and queens, you do get an opportunity to take photos.


After the tombs, you make your way to the Mud Baths.
 There are two different mud baths you can go to, one the mud is very watery which doesn't really stick you and the bath is overcrowded. The other is so much better it's less crowded, the showers are more spaced out and you can even jump into the sea to wash all the mud off, there are also sulphur pools which you can go in after you've been washed. If you aren't good with smells I'd avoid the sulphur pools as they smell of rotten egg.

The better one.
The not so better one.

Depending on which tour you've booked, normally you grab lunch at a near restaurant or food hall. If not you go straight on to Turtle Beach.


 Hands down the most beautiful beach I've ever been to. Here you can grab some food and drinks, a sunbed for an hour or two and just relax. 
In the sea you can walk out for miles and the water stays at the same height. 
If you don't want to sunbath there's also a Turtle Sanctuary you visit. 

This is my favourite trip to do, it's a long and tiring day but well worth it.
Cost: £20- £30


Have you been on any of these trips?

1 comment

  1. Wow! Your photos show that you really had fun! Would love to visit Turkey someday too :) Omg the bath looks so relaxing



    Ann | http://annchoi.me

    ReplyDelete